Saturday, October 9, 2010

Catching Up

The girls love to help daddy in the garden and they love to try anything that comes out of it. Here is our first carrot.
Crazy girls! Creative way to play with stickers that Grandma Denton sent.

This was Abigail's pet for a day, Kelsey (Her best friend in her class last year was Kelsey). She loved this frog, she would pick it up (and let it PEE ON HER) and carry it around, show everyone and check on it several times during dinner. We finally convinced her that the frog would have to be let go if she wanted Kelsey to eat or survive. We made a hole for the frog and Abigail was insistant on giving her a leaf that was her bed. She prayed for Kelsey that night and was soooooooo upset when Kelsey was not there in the morning. She still talks about Kelsey all the time. It makes me sad to see how much my children love animals and how we don't have one. I never thought I would be in this position, maybe it is pregnancy hormones, but we have been debating about getting the girls a pet. I never wanted one in my house ever. They bother my allergies, they are stinky, cost money, and need attention even while you are gone. So the logical part of me always easily says no. But now there is this mother part of me that has a lot of guilt about it and that wants nothing more than to give my children something that can make them sooo happy. It definetly must be pregnancy or I am going crazy.


Sarah dressing up as Nemo to try to get Lucas to want to dress up as Nemo. It didn't work, but Sarah loved being Nemo.



Abigail had a premonition and told me that she was going to see Aunt Ashley's baby tomorrow, which would be October 4. I told her I wasn't sure if Aunt Ashley would have her baby tomorrow but she would definitely have it by the end of the week. Abigail then told me no, I am going to the hospital tomorrow to see the baby. She must have known something because baby Samuel Richard was born on October 4, at 2am. He was 6lbs 13 oz. He was so little and cute. I know he will multiply the joy in our family. He also helps to even out the Laurent side of family right now: the grand children are at 2 girls and 2 boys.



No comments:

Post a Comment