Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Drillers Game

Tuesday night we decided to go to the Drillers game since the weather was nice. We had a lot of fun but I couldn't tell you the score or who was even playing. Abigail informed me that I could watch her on the playground because baseball was boring and baseball was only for boys. We tried ballpark food, (cotton candy and sno cones were not our favorites), played on the playground, went down slides, and watched the mascot hornsby dance.
Abigail wanted to take a picture with Anna before we left. I think Abigail looks so grown up here.




The girls all dressed up and ready to go to the game. Sarah wore about 12 bracelets, very appropriate baseball attire.


Aunt Melissa was so nice to babysit Anna for us. It is amazing how small our family feels we are minus one child.




This is the slide that I was almost certain Sarah would be afraid to go down. But she went down without blinking. While we were waiting our turn to go down the slide out of nowhere Sarah started to scream hysterically. She said "MY NOSE, MY NOSE!!!" I looked at her nose thinking she hit it on something. I didn't see anything and Abigail looked just as shocked as I was. I kept questioning Sarah and she just kept screaming "MY NOSE!" I started to think that maybe a bug flew in her nose and I told her to blow her nose. She did a little but nothing came out. She then decided to go up the slide. I thought I was going to have to climb up the slide and get her if she made it to the top, but I didn't have to and she came down the slide. She started to whine a little more about her nose so I told her to blow again and sure enough a bug came out this time. So that was exciting.





Sarah also loved the mascot Hornsby. She waved at him and started to back up at the same time.




Sarah decided she wanted to hug Hornsby but was not quite sure if she was brave enough.






After deciding she was brave enough Hornsby left.





Hornsby saw Sarah crying and came back for a photo.


It was a nice night and we all had a great time.

1 comment: