Saturday, August 27, 2011

Abigail's First Day of School

Abigail started her first day of kindergarten on Thursday. She was so excited and so nervous. The night before she was ready for bed at 7:15. She was very excited about riding the bus to school. She has already asserted her independence when she told me not to wait for her at the bus stop after school. I know its cliche but I don't know where the time went. I can remember the day we brought her home from the hospital so vividly I now feel like she will be coming home soon with keys to the car. Its hard to believe her days at home with me are over; when you are at home with the kids sometimes it feels like that time will never end. I know Abigail will succeed in school and I can't wait to see how much of a leader she will be. She makes me so proud to call her my daughter.
She made the necklace herself. She also made one for her teacher.




We were so blessed to have both Grandmas here to watch Abigail get on the bus and I know it meant a lot to Abigail.

We had an opportunity for a great family photo but it is nearly impossible to have everyone on board with taking pictures.

Waiting for the bus. Unfortunately the bus didn't come but we worked it all out on Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment