Wednesday, March 10, 2010

A Conflict for Abigail

Abigail woke up in the middle of the night last night saying her ear hurt. I gave her some Tylenol and she went to bed. It was surprising to me because she didn't have a cold. I also knew she would be upset if she couldn't go to school, because they were suppose to have their pictures taken with a bunny today. When she woke up in the morning she told me her ear hurt, so I told her we would need to go to the doctor. She immediately told me her ear didn't hurt, and she tried so hard to not complain and be brave. I could see the internal conflict within her and I could see her thinking how do I feel better and still get to go to school. ( I love when I can see their thought processes.) I told her that she could take her picture tomorrow and that satisfied her. The doctor told us it was just an ear infection and that it was not contagious, so I brought her to school. I told her I would pick her up early from school if her ear hurt too bad and she was insistent that her ear was fine. When I picked her up from school she looked tired, but she was happy to get her picture taken with the bunny. She loves going to school and did not complain about any pain. I hope she always has a desire to go to school to learn and be with other children.

No comments:

Post a Comment