Saturday, March 26, 2011

My Three Girls

We induced Anna on the 22nd of March which was two days after her due date. The girls went to school that day and Grandma picked them up a little early because that was in Abigail's plans and she was very excited about being called out of class to go to the hospital. Abigail and Sarah were very excited to be big sisters. After Anna was born we brought both girls in so that they could be the first to know if they had a sister or brother. Then they both ran out of the room to tell everyone it was a girl. Sarah was soo cute I wish I could put the video up on the blog but she ran out of the room exclaiming "come on guys come see my sister. Grandma come on come see my sister." Sarah wanted to know where the other babies were (she thinks my breasts are the 2nd and 3rd babies.) She also thought that Anna was stinky. She kept asking "Did the baby come out now?" I now think she understands that the baby is here now. Abigail feels so grown up and you can see her happiness all over her face. I don't sense any jealousy from them but I know they were glad to have all of us home.Abigail bursting with pride.
Sarah is uncertain of how she feels about her new sister.

Sarah didn't have school on Wednesday so she enjoyed having Grandma, Mommy, and Daddy's full attention at the hospital.

Anna before we left the hospital.

I can't believe we have three kids. Life is different bringing a baby home this time than with the other two. There is a lot more activity and I feel thrown back into life at a very fast pace. I am so thankful for all the friends and family that are here to help us with our transtition. Anna is doing better with each day and with the more she gets to eat. After allowing me and Josh only about 3 hours of sleep our first night home, last night she slept from midnight to 6:30. We were so thankful for the much needed rest but I also know that tonight can be completely different. We have found that she likes her momma a lot. I hope there is not too big of a war for my attention between Sarah and Anna. Hopefully we will bring out the camera more and try to get some better pictures and more pictures of all of the girls together.

Abigail hurried and took a bath so she could hold Anna. Everytime Anna squeaked or moved Abigail would whisper shhhh in her ear and rock her. I am so proud of how well she does with taking care of little ones and I'm happy she is excited to be a big sister again.






2 comments:

  1. She's beautiful! You make gorgeous baby girls :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are all so beautiful! Congrats on Miss Anna joining your family! :)

    ReplyDelete